Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On The Home Stretch... or something like that

Time is ticking away. I will be on an Airbus for Africa in exactly 2 weeks 2 hours and 32 minutes. That time will go by very quickly, and to make the time seem like it is further away I have been counting down in minutes. That means I am 20,280 minutes from departing to Mozambique. When I put it that way, it seems a lot more manageable to get everything done before i leave.

The past few weeks have been great. I flew back to Tuscaloosa and spent time with family and friends. My mother had a going away party for me here in town, and it was amazing to see so many people come say farewell and good luck. I felt so much support, and it was very encouraging.

Yesterday my dad and I crushed a few buckets at the driving range, and today my mom and I are flying back to Chicago for a couple of weeks before I depart. The next 20,276 (it has been 4 minutes since I last typed the countdown) minutes of life should be amazing! I am really looking forward to some final preparations.

For everyone interested, The Auburn Plainsman will have an article about me in their weekly paper tomorrow!! Check it out! I am hoping to share some stories with the Auburn Community while I am gone. My goal is to share a little about the Mozambican life with my friends and family back here in the States.

My next couple of blog posts should begin to get more interesting. I will be sharing info on what I will be packing for the next 27 months! Honestly... who the hell knows how to pack for 2 years?!?! Well I think I should go grab some food. I will begin to update more often now that life is starting to become real.

No comments:

Post a Comment