Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summetime Livin' (Life Update)

Let me catch you up on my life. As of right now I am living in Chicago with my family. We have been having a blast. We took a family trip up to Hayward, Wisconsin for a week. This was amazing because we used to go every single summer as a family, but when everyone gets older life has a way of changing. Our time up North consisted of fishing, board games, eating, drinking, and just an all around good time. I will share one story with you from our trip.
It was a beautiful day, so we decided to take the pontoon over to a little island about 20 minutes away. We brought sandwiches and drinks so we could make a day out of it. While over at the island, my uncle and grandmother had to take the pontoon back to pick up Aunt Nancy. Leaving my mother, Uncle Jeff, my 6 cousins, and myself behind on the island they departed with our only mode of transportation. It was really funny because we kept waving like we were stranded. It was a cool little island with a lagoon and tons of wildlife. While we were swimming and enjoying our time we noticed some dark clouds coming in. No more than 5 minutes had passed before the sky opened up with freezing rain. All of us began laughing as we realized we were a good 25 minutes or so away from being back on the pontoon. That rain was freezinggggg. My uncle returned with the pontoon and we made the trek back to the cabin in the freezing rain. It may sound like a miserable experience, but my family has an ironic and weird sense of humor. It was one of those moments that always happens to us, and we have learned to appreciate all of time together. When we got back to the cabin, naturally we all began to laugh and dry off. All in all the trip was fantastic. We only had 1 bear incident and the fish were biting every single day.
Other than that, I have been enjoying my time up in Chicago visiting family and really preparing myself for the upcoming journey to Mozambique. If you would like to hear more stories about my trip to Hayward or in Chicago, feel free to ask and I can post some more. I am trying to get a feel for what I want to write about

No comments:

Post a Comment