Thursday, December 12, 2013

Imala, Land of Machambas

Sorry for the delay in updates blog world. I have been on an Africa high, and have been enjoying the life of learning Portuguese, struggling with Makua, and working on Machambas(vegetable gardens). Let me give you a quick run down of the past month, and I will upload a photo or 2. After 10 weeks of training in Namaacha, the group formerly known as Moz 21 trainees are now called Moz 21 volunteers! It's official. I am a Peace Corps Volunteer. During week 7 we learned of where we would be serving in the country. It was an awesome experience because the language teachers drew a giant map on the ground and included the 11 provinces. We then all lined up, opened up our site placement, and walked to our site on the map. It was really cool to see everyone who would be living near me in the small village of Imala in Nampula Province or Northern Mozambique. That weekend we decided to have a competitive futesol match. I will describe the match more in detail on another blog post. I will also talk about thanksgiving, swearing in, and my move to imala!!

vida e boa! nao e?

No comments:

Post a Comment